Producer : United Seven
Director : Dharmesh Darshan
*ing: Aamir Khan, Faisal Khan, Twinkle Khanna, Johnny Lever, Ayub
Khan, Sp. App Aishwaria Rai
Music: Anu Malik
Released on : January 07, 2000
Reviewed by: Avinash Ramchandani
this movie deserved a review. Then, the three hours I spent sitting in the theater
watching it would actually be worth my money. But, absolutely nothing in the movie was
worth watching. Well, except for the 2 second special appearance by Aish. Of course, I
would prefer watching her for three hours in Taal than for 2 seconds in this movie after
the agonizing 3 and a half hours that we waited in the theater.
The story is simple
girl's brother is killed by a gunda,
gunda wants girl, girl jumps in river, girl survives and talks to herself
dont talk to yourself, its a bad habit!), she meets two men, she
creates a relationship with them, they beat up the gundas
and thats it.
Now for the top ten reasons why not to watch Mela:
10. Johnny Lever with Elvis sideburns.
9. Gunda that has blue eyes with an assistant that is even
scarier looking than him.
8. Aishwaria feels pain when falling on the top of a truck, Twinkle
inflicts pain when falling on the top of a truck.
7. Faisal Khan still looks like Jerry Seinfeld.
6. "Are you Shucking me?"
5. Aamir urinating into bottles and then Johnny Lever drinking it
thinking its an alcoholic beverage.
4. 10 minute mela song with Ayub Khan dancing around like Akshay Kumar.
3. Natrajan and Tara Singh.
2. Twinkle talking to herself
1. Twinkles body (ewww
HELLO! Wear some clothes!).