Hits and Misses are a part of life. In fact, it is all the more prevalent when it comes to our ‘movies’. 2012 had its share of hits, misses, surprise hits and obvious flops as usual at the box office. 2013 will be no different.
Being an optimist that he is, our in house expert and ace astro numerologist Bhavikk Sangghvi predicts the potential ‘hits’ of 2013 calculated based on the film’s release date, vibration of the title, actor/actress date of birth etc. Here’s the list:
Bhavikk’s Tip: Director Neeraj Pandey will once again score at the box office as well as critical acclaim just like his last outing – A Wednesday.
2) Murder 3: (Releasing on 15th February 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of the film adds up to Number 26 – this octave of Number 8 (Saturn) is one of the most unluckiest numbers as it indicates gravest warnings for the future and foreshadows disasters brought about by association with others; ruin by speculations, partnerships, unions and bad advice. If it comes out in connection with future events, one should carefully consider the path one is treading. But wait, before jumping to conclusions – the year 2013 which adds up to Number 6 (Venus) is likely to prove lucky for most Number 3, 6, 8 and 9 people, places, dates, names etc. and going by that formula, this film will once again ‘click’ with its target crowd (read youth and the masses) and make its investors happy. The ‘destiny’ number arrived by adding lead man Randeep Hooda’s date of birth is Number 6 (20th August 1976) and his good luck will further rub off on the film.
Bhavikk’s Tip: This Valentine’s, love will indeed be ‘murdered’ as the third installment of this successful franchise will further cement its brand value.
3) Kai Po Che (Releasing on 22nd February 2013. Verdict: Hit): Adapted from successful author Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘The 3 Mistakes Of My Life’, the title of the film vibrates on Number 32 – a lucky octave of Number 5 (Mercury) usually associated with combinations of people and nations. In such cases, the person should hold to his/her own judgment and opinions, if not, their plans are likely to become wrecked by the stubbornness and stupidity of others.
Bhavikk’s Tip: If director Abhishek Kapoor has stuck to his vision without compromising on commercial diktats, this one will turn out to be a brilliant film in all aspects. Look out for Sushant Singh Rajput (21st January 1986) who will make an absolute smashing debut with this one.
4) The Attacks of 26/11 (Releasing on 1st March 2013. Verdict: Hit): This film needs no introduction as the ‘title’ itself says it all. Vibrating on Number 84 – this octave of Number 3 (Jupiter) is neither fortunate nor unfortunate, it indicates strong mental faculties of a person. But that person should have the tendencies to put all materials things on one side – not because he/she has to, but because he/she wishes to do so. This number can be powerful or indifferent depending upon the will or desire of the person. In this case, everyone knows that director Ram Gopal Varma hasn’t really followed the tried and tested stuff and doesn’t mind creating even mundane stuff.
Bhavikk’s Tip: This will truly be Ramu’s ‘comeback’ film. Not for the weak hearted though.
5) Himmatwala (Releasing on 29th March 2013. Verdict: Hit): A remake of 1983’s successful film of the same name starring Jeetendra, the title of this one adds up on Number 30 which once again is neither fortunate nor unfortunate. Actor Ajay Devgn (2nd April 1969) is a Number 2 (Moon) person in numerology and the release date coincides with his birth number. Even the compound number adds up to the same number.
With director Sajid Khan at the helm of affairs, he can hardly go wrong.
Bhavikk’s Tip: A ‘sure-shot entertainer’ for avid watchers of masala movies.
6) Ek Thi Daayan (Releasing on 18th April 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this film (once again!) adds up to Number 30 – which is neither fortunate nor unfortunate. The movie which revolves around the world of black magic, witches and witchcraft, will appeal to its target audience and make this film an unforgettable experience.
Bhavikk’s Tip: With Emraan Hashmi’s (24th March 1979) luck in top form and with three leading ladies (Konkana, Kalki and Huma) opposite him this time, it will be ‘thrice’ the fun.
7) Shootout At Wadala (Releasing on 1st May 2013. Verdict: Hit): A prequel to the 2007 hit film ‘Shootout At Lokhandwala’, the title of this film adds up to Number 64 – this octave of Number 1 (Sun) is a number of contradictions. It symbolizes a person of great promise and possibilities who is likely to see all taken away from him/her unless he/she carefully arranges for the future. It also indicates loss through trust in others, opposition and competition in trade, danger of loss through law and the likelihood of having to begin life's road over and over again. In short, it is not a fortunate number.
But going by its numerological interpretation and the meaning derived out of it, it seems apt for a film of this genre and hence the film will draw the crowds in huge numbers especially the masses. Also, the title coincides with the release date which will further boost its business.
Bhavikk’s Tip: This is the film John Abraham was ‘waiting for’ which will put him in the top slot.
8) Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (Releasing on 31st May 2013. Verdict: Hit): Ex-lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone reunite in this romantic love story. The title of this one is adding up to Number 60 – this octave of Number 6 (Venus) is a lucky number having a powerful potency of its own. With brand Karan Johar behind this production which also happens to be his comfort zone, this film will bring back the era of Nasir Hussain kind of cinema.
Bhavikk’s Tip: It will be a visual delight to watch two supremely talented actors sharing a great on screen chemistry.
9) Boss (Releasing on 7th June 2013. Verdict: Hit) : The title of this film adds up to Number 15 – this number of Number 6, if associated with a good or fortunate single number can be very lucky and powerful. It is also associated with good talkers, often with eloquence, gifts of music/art and a dramatic personality combined with a certain voluptuous temperament and strong personal magnetism. Now doesn’t this whole description somewhere ring the bell of Akshay Kumar in your mind ?.
With Akshay’s luck riding high, the ‘stars’ (read good luck) of this film are so powerful that its ‘destined’ to be a hit.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Move over SRK and Salman, Akshay’s going to be the new ‘boss’ of tinsel town.
10) Ghanchakkar (Releasing on 21st June 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this film (once again!) adds up to Number 30 – which is neither fortunate nor unfortunate.
But the super successful pairing of Emraan Hashmi (24th March 1979) and Vidya Balan (1st January 1978) post ‘The Dirty Picture’, will do the trick.
Bhavikk’s Tip: This film will prove that the lead pair is also good at doing comedy.
11) Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (Releasing on 12th August 2013. Verdict: Hit): A biopic on real life hero Milkha Singh, the title of this film adds up to Number 40 – this octave of Number 4 (Rahu) indicates strong mental faculties of a person representing self-containment, loneliness and isolation from fellows. They will have the tendency to put all materials things on one side – not because they have to, but because they wish to do so. This number can be powerful or indifferent depending upon the will or desire of the person. Hence it is not a fortunate number from a worldly or material standpoint. Doesn’t this sound too real for a kind of person Milkha Singh was whose only focus in life was to make his country proud ?.
The film turn out to be a ‘runaway’ (pun intended) hit and Farhan’s work will be highly appreciated as his earnestness in playing the character would be seen and noticed on screen by one and all. As a matter of fact, his performance in the film would even be nominated in all the major awards next year.
Bhavikk’s Tip: After a few disappointing films, director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra will be in full form this time around. The film in all probability will win him a ‘National Award’ too.
12) Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai 2 (Releasing on 8th August 2013. Verdict:Hit): The second part of the hugely successful 2010 film, the title of this gangster flick adds up to Number 88 – which is not a positive octave of Number 7 (Ketu). It is symbolized by the signs of revolution, upheaval, strife, failure, prevention and is not a fortunate number if it comes out in calculations relating to future events. Now the theme of the film is about the rise of mafia dons and their modus operandi which goes in sync with its numerological meaning and hence the sequel will do even better than the first part. With Akshay Kumar (9th September 1967) in the lead this time and having Imran Khan (13th January 1983) for company, the film add one more feather in Akshay’s hat as far as performance goes and Imran will get a much-needed hit.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Director Milan Luthria will be on a ‘hat-trick’ spree with this one.
13) Satyagraha (Releasing on 15th August 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this issue based film adds up to Number 22 – this octave of Number 4 is symbolized as a good person who lives in dreams and illusion under the influence of others and who awakens only when surrounded by danger. It is also a number of false judgements. As a number in connection with future events; its warning and meaning should be carefully noted. Only if director Prakash Jha evades from sermonizing patriotism and force feed in to the minds of the audience, the message sent across through the film will turn out to be a revolutionary one.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Spelling the film title as ‘SATYAGRRAHA’ or ‘SATYAGGRAH’ will make a big difference to its box office prospects.
14) Besharam (Releasing on 2nd October 2013. Verdict: Hit): His second outing after the successful ‘Dabangg’, the title of this Abhinav Kashyap directed film adds up to Number 23 – this octave of Number 5 is a lucky number usually associated with combinations of people and nations. The person should hold to one’s own judgment and opinions, if not, their plans are likely to become wrecked by the stubbornness and stupidity of others. Having said that, Abhinav refused to direct ‘Dabangg 2’, which would have proved to be a safe bet for him but he did not. Actor Ranbir Kapoor (28th September 1982) in his 31st year is going through his best phase and that should suffice for it.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Spelling the title as ‘BESHRRAM’ will brighten the prospects even further.
15) Chennai Express (Releasing in October – November 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this next Rohit Shetty entertainer is vibrating on Number 56 – this octave of Number 2 (Moon) is a very unlucky number. It denotes uncertainties, treachery and deception of others. It foreshadows trials and tribulation, unexpected dangers, unreliable friends and deception caused by members of the opposite sex. It gives grave warning if it comes out in anything concerning future events. But as luck would have it, SRK (2nd November 1965) is a Number 2 (Moon) person in numerology and that would turn out to be the film’s biggest strength.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Releasing the film on 11th or 25th October will be the safest bet.
16) Rambo Rajkumar (Releasing on 15th November 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this next Prabhudheva film is vibrating on Number 35 – this octave of Number 8 is one of the most unluckiest numbers. It indicates gravest warnings for the future and foreshadows disasters brought about by association with others; ruin by speculations, partnerships, unions and bad advice. If it comes out in connection with future events one should carefully consider the path one is treading. But as explained earlier, the year 2013 which adds up to Number 6 (Venus) is likely to prove lucky for most Number 3, 6, 8 and 9 people, places, dates, names etc. and going by that formula, the title and the release date are in complete sync with each other making the film a safe proposition at the box office.
Bhavikk’s Tip: With Prabhudeva and Shahid Kapoor together, expect some groovy dance moves.
17) Ram Leela (Releasing on 29th November 2013. Verdict: Hit): The title of this Sanjay Leela Bhansali romance is adding up to Number 24 – this octave of Number 6 is a fortunate number. It promises the assistance and association of those of rank and position with one's plans; it also denotes gain through love and the opposite sex. It is a favourable number when it comes out in relation to future events. Both actor Ranveer Singh (6th July 1985) and director SLB (24th February 1963) are also Number 6 (Venus) persons. Deepika’s lady luck (5th January 1986) will help further.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Finally SLB with get it ‘right’ this time and prove that he’s ‘the best’ when it comes to making emotional love stories.
18) Krrish 3 (Releasing in November 2013. Verdict: Super Hit): The title of this most awaited Rakesh Roshan super-hero movie is adding up to Number 18 - this octave of Number 9 (Mars) is a symbol of materialism striving to destroy the spiritual side of the nature. It generally associates a person with bitter quarrels, even family ones, also with war, social upheavals, revolution and in some cases it indicates making money and position through wars. It is however, a warning of treachery, deception by others, also danger from natural events such as storms, losses from water, fires and explosions. Caution and great care is recommended while using this number in relation to future events. Going purely by its interpretation, it seems the world needs a ‘saviour’ from the given situation and our desi hero ‘Krrish’ will more than make up for it. Hrithik (10th January 1974) who is running in his 40th year, Priyanka Chopra (18th July 1982) who is a Number 9 (Mars) and Rakesh Roshan (6th September 1949) jointly put together have stupendous luck factor riding with them and that shall make this film a ‘blockbuster’.
Bhavikk’s Tip: As the exact release date hasn’t been decided, coming on 15th or 21st November (Thursday) would be the best option.
19) Dhoom 3 (Releasing in December. Verdict: Super Hit): The ‘best’ is reserved for the ‘last’. The title of easily the most anticipated release of the year is adding up to Number 30 – which is neither fortunate nor unfortunate. Aamir Khan’s (14th March 1965) luck in his 48th year is simple unbeatable and with Katrina (16th July 1984) entering her 30th year by then, the combination is deadly.
Bhavikk’s Tip: Clearly, the biggest grosser of 2013 will be ‘D3’.
20) Mental (Releasing in 2013. Verdict: Super Hit): The very aptly titled Sohail Khan production starring none other than his brother Salman Khan is vibrating on Number 22 – this octave of Number 4 is symbolized as a good person who lives in dreams and illusion under the influence of others and who awakens only when surrounded by danger. It is also a number of false judgements owing to the influence of others. As a number in connection with future events its warning and meaning should be carefully noted.Going by the title and Salman’s role in it, the meaning seems apt and if the past few years belonged to Salman, his powerful streak shall continue in 2013 as well, simply because he is a Number 9 person (27th December 1965) ruled by Mars and currently in his 48th year.
Bhavikk’s Tip: There is no stopping for this Khan. Period !
Bhavikk Sangghvi is a renowned astro-numerologist.
He can be reached at: www.bhavikksangghvi.com
Latest Star Gaze »