Chooi Mooi Si... Ladki from Rajshri video steeped into Bollywood with a big banner of Yash Chopra’s "Mohabatein". After the success of "Awara Paagal Deewana" & "Line of Control", Preeti Jhangiani was unable to create her own identity in the industry.
In 5 years in bollywood, she has added few films in her carrier which didn’t turn up well in the box office. The movie like “Sukh” with Govinda and "Chahat Ek Nasha", with Aryan Vaidya didn’t cater to the audience much.
Presently Preeti is working with a debut artist Sahib for her up coming Film “Chand Ke Paar Chalo” and we have finally been able to catch up with her. In the movie she plays the role of banjaran girl who is transformed into Glamorous actress of bollywood. She was in the town for the music launch of the movie.
• Please tell us something about the film “CHAND KE PAAR CHALO”?
- Chand Ke Paar Chalo is totally women oriented film. I play a role of banjaran in the movie who earns her bread her butter through dancing. It is story about her journey which she covers from a street dancer to a bollywod actress. The character Nirmala is full of confidence and bold. She meets a guy called Chander who is a photographer and he is the one who influence her to become an actress and takes her to Mumbai. Nirmala gets a makeover as soon as she meets name and fame in the bollywood industry. Shakti who plays a role of secretary of Nirmala creates a difference between Nirmala and Chander but the story ends well in the last.
• How did you feel while working with debut Co-star and new director?
- I really liked the script of the movie. I have been doing movies which had multi-starcast so I had less opportunity to show my talent but since the movie was totally based on my character I signed the movie. Though Sahib is new in the industry still he is serious about his role and acting. It was nice to work with a guy who is so serious about his acting. Mustafa Engineer has been associated with Mukul Anand and others so it was a great experience working with them.
• CHAND KE PAAR CHALO” depicts a journey of a girl from a banjaran to famous bollywood star. Does character of Garima anywhere related to you in personal life?
- I feel it’s wrong to compare the character of the film with present life. It is totally director’s imagination nothing else. It is rarely seen that a situation of the film matches with anyone’s present incidence. Talking about the character of Garima in Chand Ke Par Chalo she never realizes the distances created by this glamorous world.
• How much satisfied are you with the character of CHAND KE PAR CHALO?
- This is for the first time that I am fully satisfied with my performances since the movie totally focuses on my character of a Banjaran girl which I feel very much in me and also I have been given a chance to show my talent to the fullest.
• While signing a film what things do u considered?
- I always consider a good script before signing the film. A good role, whether small or big, is always remembered by the public. I feel a good script is a base of a Hit movie. The next thing which I consider is a good banner and Director. Though I have completed 4 years in this industry but still I consider myself as a new comer. I am waiting for good banner films like Yash Chopra, Sanjay Leela Bansali, Karan Johar, Maniratnam.
• You are quite busy with projects in south Indian film industry?
- Yeah I have completed 7 film in south i.e. 4 in Telgu, 1 Malayam,1 Tamil and 1 Kannad. It is the best industry to learn punctuality and discipline. I have learnt a lot through projects in south India. Though I did these films to earn money but I was surprised to see how beautifully has the director presented my character in the film.
• Please tell us about your up coming Films? - I have a film lined up with Aftab Shivdasani name “Jaane Hoga Kyaa”, the next coming up is H. Enarat Sheikh Movie which is made in dual languages “Tum Bewafa Ho” and also with Isha Deol movie called “Hasina”.
Latest Features » More Features ...